Thursday, December 4, 2014

Waiting...

I was starting to get really excited that baby would be joining us any second now.  I had dilated a couple centimeters, baby was head down and low, I felt awful.  Now I've realized that he's not coming for another couple of weeks.  At least one week.  I'm going to need more Tums.  And that's ok.  I had such a short labor with Silas, I feel if I let this baby come on his own time too, my labor will be short again.  And I won't have to have any unnecessary interventions.  That's the hope anyway.   

The past couple days have been very busy.  My mom spent the night last night, that was fun.  We had a late night grocery shopping session and then ate cheese and cookies.  Then this morning, my friend came over to help me prepare 9 freezer meals for after baby comes.  My mom was here to watch all the kids while we cooked.  This is all new to me and I'm very excited by the process.  The recipes come from Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer.  Basically you prep everything and then freeze it.  You can do a week's worth of meals in a few hours.  I'm going to get the book from the library and hopefully do a few more soon.  I'll be sure to report back.  I know some of my friends do this and love it.  We did a Parmesan Chicken, which you simply bake; a Hawaiian Pork dish that you throw in the crock pot; and a Black Bean Soup you reheat.  I was amazed because I thought we would be cooking everything and then freezing it.  This method, of course, makes much more sense.  So all you have to do is plan ahead a little bit and make sure you thaw your freezer meal out.  Add a rice or potato, a salad, or whatever and you're done!  Here's a link to the book on amazon, if you're interested.  

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Panic-Dinners-Freezer-Great-Tasting/dp/0800730550#

Saturday I will be 39 weeks.  I have plans to meet up with another lovely friend and take some maternity photos.  I'm excited.  I didn't have any done last time, so I'm looking forward to it.  I'd like to have a few pictures that look decent to remember this time.  

I think that's all I have today.  This weekend I hope to do a 39 week update since I skipped 38 and maybe I will have some photos from my maternity session to share.

Hey, do you do freezer meals?  Or make ahead kind of stuff?  I would love to hear all about it!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment