Monday, November 24, 2014

37+ Week Update

I'm late doing my 37 Week Update.  I didn't feel like blogging this weekend.  Silas got a flu shot and he seemed a little under the weather all weekend.  I was sure I was getting the stomach flu on Saturday, but thankfully nothing ever came from that!  Silas is almost all back to normal today so I think it was just his shot. 

Today the weather was crazy!  It was raining when we woke up and by about 10 am it was snowing like crazy and cold enough to stick.  I decided that after our naps I was going to bundle us up and go outside.  Silas has never played in the snow.  He loved it!  I need to get him some boots and I'm thinking a snow suit would be good.  As it was I put 3 pairs of pants on him and his sneakers, a few long sleeved tops and his puffy coat.  My mom bought him these little mitten-like things (they had no finger or thumb dividers, but I don't think a 17 month old needs them anyway) and he seemed to keep pretty warm.  He didn't want to come inside. 


I'm hoping to keep getting him outside this winter.  He needs to get out and play.  It took a long time for us to get ready to go, and I know it will only get worse once there's 2 of them to dress for the cold.  I'm thinking that by the time our second son arrives and I feel like venturing out again, I will be able to put him in a carrier under my coat and I will know he is safe and warm and Silas will be able to run around.  Plus, I'm sure we will be able to streamline our "getting ready routine" if we do it more often.  Today I bundled us up and by the time we were ready I was hungry and Silas needed a diaper change.  So we had to take a break.  Haha.  But we made it and it was great.

OK!  The Update!

 How far along?  37 weeks.

Size of Baby:  One website says the size of a swiss chard, the other says a honeydew melon.  I swear we already did a honeydew melon.  In any case, just over 19 inches and 6 1/3 pounds.  When Silas was born he was 19 inches and 7 pounds even, so this baby is almost there! 

Weight Gain:  I'm still packing it on.  Hooray. 

Nursery:  No news here, I'm hoping to get up there this week and work on it.  My friend texted me today that she was working on her new baby's room while her son slept and I was... sleeping.  Of course. 

Movement:  He's still moving!  When I was pregnant with Silas I didn't know the difference between the Braxton Hicks contractions and the baby moving.  Maybe that sounds silly, but I just thought he was really stretching in there and that's what I was feeling.  Now, I'm still a little confused, but I know a bit better.  I remember getting a stress test and I was strapped up to a machine and I had a contraction and the doctor said "You can't feel that?" and I said "I feel that, I thought that was the baby!"  I hope I'm not the only one.   

Symptoms:  The never ending heart burn.  Tonight I'm going to finish one of my 2 bottles of Tums that I bought the last time I was at Walgreens.  I decided I eat a lot of acidic foods and that's not helping, but there's nothing to do about it now.  If I ever get pregnant again I'm going to buy stock in antacids. 

Cravings:  I want a grilled cheese to dip in some tomato soup.     

Looking forward to:  Thanksgiving.  We switch families every year because it's just too far to drive to both.  This year is Aaron's family and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone.  And eating.  I'm planning to make a big pan of my macaroni and cheese.  It's so good.   

So how do you feel about getting out in the cold?  Any tricks for toddlers and little babies in the cold?  What about Thanksgiving food?  What's your favorite and what are you bringing?       


5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you said that you guys got all ready then needed a break lol
    I tackled Allie to dress her and get her out today. I pulled her around in her sled then she decided she needed to touch the snow without mittens on, so she didn't last long.

    Tomorrow we are going to my moms, an hr away for Thanksgiving. Im dragging Al whether he wants to or not, he'll like it when we get there lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! I made grilled cheeses and we ate them all hot and sweaty in our layers!

      Delete
    2. And I hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

      Delete
  2. Totally can relate to it taking forever to get the kids bundled up to go outside! I hope we can get into a good "going outside" routine too. Elliot likes to bring his trucks outside and he wants to eat all the snow. Mary used to love being outside but she doesn't anymore now that it's cold. I think she needs to hang out with Silas. It's good that you're sleeping when you need sleep. Sleep while you still can! :) I can't wait to meet your second little man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait either!! I feel like once I have all the gear ready by the door it will be easier. Sifting through the drawers and trying to figure out what to wear probably takes the longest.

      Delete