Friday, October 3, 2014

30 Week Update!

It's funny how things change.  It's Friday night and I'm home.  Before Silas I would be deep, deep, deep into happy hour by now.  I don't even think you can call it happy hour at this point.  So far tonight I've mopped the floors and washed my hair.  The floors really needed it, I'm not going to comment on my hair.  My husband sold his motorcycle tonight too.  I know he was a little sad to see it go.  More changes.  But I know neither of us would have it any other way.

I skipped week 29.  So we are at 30 now!  I can't believe it.  I was told your second pregnancy flies by and it seems true.  Although looking back to when I first found out, I would be walking around the neighborhood in the evenings, and it hardly felt like spring.  I would walk around and "talk" to the baby in my head and that all feels so long ago.  Now I'm 3/4 of the way through!  I should probably start working more seriously on the nursery.   

How far along:  30 weeks.
 
Size of Baby:   About the size of a large cabbage, nearly 16 inches and almost 3 pounds!  
Weight Gain:  About 13 pounds. 
Nursery:  I have started cleaning it out.  A couple nights ago I took two bags of beloved items trash out of there.  It's a start. 
Movement:  Still kicking good!  It starting to hurt my ribs. 
Symptoms:  Some aches and pains, my back is starting to hurt now too.  I need to do my prenatal yoga.  And hit the gym!  We haven't been this week.  
Cravings:  Today I wanted Mexican food in the worst way, something like a chimichanga and rice and re-fried beans.  We got Chipotle.  It did the trick. 
What I Miss:  Taking deep breaths, everything is getting all squished up in there, including my lungs.   
Looking Forward To:  Aaron and I have a date out tomorrow night and Sunday there's an heirloom apple festival at a forest preserve near here.  I find heirloom fruits and veggies very interesting.  That sounds a little nerdy.    

I thought this was too funny not to share.  I ordered our Chipotle online and Aaron went to go pick it up.  You can save your order so it's easier to order every time.  We usually get salads and they're named "Charisse" and "Aaron" but I didn't want a salad.  I wanted a giant burrito with everything in it.  So I made that order and instead of naming it "Charisse" because it's not really me wanting to eat a giant burrito with everything in it, it's the tiny tyrant in my belly.  So I named it "Pregnant Wife."  (I don't think there's anyone who thinks I'm funnier than I think I am, except maybe my mom).  I was hoping they would see that and take pity on me or my husband.  I hoped that this could lead to our order being filled quickly or a free burrito or a really big burrito or something.  I got this:  


This made my night.  I should really get out more.  For the record, it was a really big burrito. 
 








6 comments:

  1. Wow, I am glad it has gone by fairly fast. he will be here in no time. hard to believe Su gar Bum will be 18 months when baby is born. I am glad you are so well also. Things sure have changed in 3 years. For the good tho. Have a fun date night. And have a great time at the apple fest. Heirloom food. I think because we are a little short. You are taller than me. but it can be hard to breath. i had to take deep breaths alot and yet I never felt it was a good clean deep finished breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mom! Yes, I think shorter people or people with shorter torsos may notice that more.

      Delete
  2. I was just starting to enjoy my pregnancy around 30 weeks. I looked pregnant and I could feel her move. I was 34 weeks pregnant around this te two years ago. I think pregnancy is so miraculous and selfless. Ypu are just stunning. Last time I saw you I could have just balled-you're beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ashley! I just love you. You are so sweet.

      Delete
  3. And the Chipotle thing is hilarious lol

    ReplyDelete