Friday, September 12, 2014

27 Week Update

Today we hit major gold at a garage sale.  My friend mentioned yesterday she found a sale with a lot of nice maternity clothes.  She sent me some pictures and I had her grab me a few things.  Today I went there to see what was left and I'm so glad I did!  There was some good maternity stuff but there was even better baby clothes!  Most of the things they were selling looked like they had never been used and they were selling many things for a dime or a quarter a piece!  Priced to move!  I grabbed tons.  Then after nap time we went to Target and I finally got my pumpkin spice latte.  I think I love them less and less each year.  I won't need another one until next September.   

I'm working on a couple recipes for the blog and I hope to have them posted this week.  I'll be trying to photograph my outfits too.  Now that I've got a couple new, fun things and I can wear something more than a sun dress, it will be fun to talk about.  Probably just for me.  OK!  27 week update! 

How far along:  27 weeks.
Size of Baby:   About the size of a head of cauliflower.  Almost 2 pounds and 14 1/2 inches long. 
Gender:  Boy
Weight Gain:  I'm up about 12 pounds. 
Maternity Clothes:  This question.  Actually, now with the weather getting cooler I'm having more fun getting dressed.
Nursery:  Still nothing.  I did go through Silas's drawers to pull out things he's outgrown and get them ready to go into BBS#2's dresser.  The dresser still needs to be emptied of our old things and moved upstairs to the nursery.  But we still have 12 weeks or so.  Right?  Right!  
Movement:  Kicking hard!  I felt like Silas was a soccer player in there or a tap dancer.  I haven't decided on this baby's kicking persona yet.  But he feels like trouble. 
Symptoms:  Hip and round ligament pain.  Heartburn, as usual and we're running low on Tums. 
Cravings:  Pork, of all things, and apples.  I stopped at a farm stand today and got one of each one they sell and two honey crisps.  SO GOOD.  
What I Miss:  Have I said getting comfortable easily in bed?  I need 3 or 4 pillows.  One of my lovely friends just gave me a pregnancy pillow.  I took a nap hard in that the other day, looking forward to getting to know that pillow better. 
Looking Forward To:  Louche Puce Market this Saturday!  I will strive to take some pictures of that and hopefully sell a lot more things than last time!  

Does anyone else find these romanesco cauliflowers to be a little bit creepy?  Look at this vegetable and tell me that it looks trustworthy.  I feel like if I eat that thing I'm going to start hallucinating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment