Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Busy, busy!

We've been busy lately.  We made it back to the gym and our mom's group.  I finally finished the program in The New Rules of Lifting for Women on Monday, so today I started over again at the beginning.  I'm lifting a lot lighter than ever and sticking to walking around the neighborhood with the baby instead of doing the prescribed cardio.  

I have a couple things to share today.  A short weekend recap, one outfit and one recipe. 

This past Saturday I was selling my jewelry at the Louche Puce Market in the area.  This is the 3rd time I've done it and thankfully, it was better than the second time.  The first one was the best, the second one was horrible, no sales and terribly hot, this time was just right.  My partner in crime was unable to make it so my parents came up and spent the day with me.  That was really nice, I don't think I could have pulled it off without them.  It's miserable to spend a whole day alone in a booth, and it's even worse pregnant.  Here's a shot of my tables.


This is an outfit I wore Tuesday to my mom's group.  A certain someone splashed me with yogurt at group.  I tried to be clean and presentable.  It lasted about an hour. 

The leggings are from Target and they're not maternity.  They could be more comfortable, but I'm cheap and haven't found any maternity leggings I want to spend money on.  I'm done trying to buy maternity stuff online.  The dress is Motherhood Maternity.  I couldn't find anything similar on their website.  I bought this at a garage sale.  It's sleeveless and it's got a cute floral detail around the collar.  The cardigan is from Kohl's.  My mommy and sister set me up with a lot of clothes when I was pregnant with Silas.  This one is not maternity, but that's the beautiful thing about cardigans, you can button just one button or leave it open.  I tried this outfit on with taller, leather boots, and that looked really cute too.  I wore these low, flat boots because I was going to my group at the hospital and we like to walk around the lake so I didn't want to be clomping around in heels.  I've started doing the side braid as my go-to hairstyle because I'd been defaulting to the sloppy bun and on me, it looks just that, sloppy.  It's not as cute as I see it on other ladies.  Maybe it's because my hair is so long and fine, but it looks pretty bad.  So I do an easy braid and it looks a little more polished.  

I made a pretty tasty dish in the crock pot this past week too.  I had pinned this recipe and wanted to make it, but of course I modified it.  I sliced a half an onion and put that on the bottom of the crock pot, did the slits in the pork loin as described, filled with apples, and sprinkled with cinnamon.  I skipped the honey becuase I don't need the extra sugar.  It was so good.  


I used a Honey Crisp I bought at a farm stand.  Those are my favorite apple ever.  


This is the little Mr.'s plate.  He had a couple bites of meat, but he's really more of a sweet potato man.  The sweet potatoes I had baked earlier, I like to keep them on hand for any of us.    


I'm not sure what looks grosser, raw pork or cooked pork.  At least in the raw photo the apples are pretty.  I cooked this on low in the crock pot for a very long time.  I think 6 hours would have been sufficient. 

OK.  That's enough for tonight. 

9 comments:

  1. That outfit looks so lovely, I have leggings and I love them but my tree trunks just don't look nice in them so I keep them for around the house LOL.

    Food looks delicious, I used to wait until morning to cook when using the crock pot but prepping raw meat at 7am was just not for me so now I prep way in advance so all I have to do is throw it in.

    You look great! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to have a long enough top or dress to cover up the leggings. Not many people can pull off leggings as pants. And even when they can, perhaps they shouldn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think you should go a blog post about your good prep techniques!

      Delete
    2. I think food will definitely have a place in my blog when I finally get around to it lol. I agree with you that not every one can pull off leggings, I can't, imagine jello in a glass bowl being jiggled...that's me in leggings LOL.

      Delete
  3. You look beautiful. And the food looks delish.

    ReplyDelete