Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2 Outfits and A Ton of Jibber Jabber

Today was another busy day.  I'm cleaning out my studio, making room for the new baby.  I have a tendency to hoard things or scoop them up and save them in case I need whatever it is.  I had a ton of these tiny seed beads sitting around taking up room.  I was starting to throw them away and felt bad about it.  I know I'm never going to use them but it seems so wasteful to toss them.  So I boxed them all up and posted on a garage sale site that they were available for free.  They were spoken for in 20 minutes.  I met the lady this morning for the drop off.  I think I might have to start selling these kind of things.  Even if it's only $5.  Haha.  We met this lady near a donut shop (coincidence?) so we stopped in for a bagel before our mom's group at the hospital.  I might have bought a bunch of donut holes too.  For the other moms. 

Silas is transitioning from two naps to one.  It's been a little hard on all of us.  So I'm trying a new tactic and today it worked very well.  We were busy all morning and I was trying to get home before he fell asleep in the car.  He fell asleep anyway but he was so tired he barely stirred when I carried him inside.  He looked so darn cute I almost put him in bed with me.  I miss snuggling with him since we moved him to his crib.  He slept for two and a half hours and was a happy camper the rest of the day.  Totally awesome.  We spent a lot of the afternoon outside running around.  The weather was cool, in the 50's.  Perfect for fall.  He walked the whole way around our block.  Our block is bigger and oddly shaped, it takes me about 10 minutes to go around.  It took us about 45.  He loved being able to roam freely though, so it was worth it. 


He's got one of his favorite things here, a big stick! 

On with the outfits!  I wore this dress over the weekend and I absolutely love it.  My friend picked it up for me at a garage sale (thanks Heather!).  It's so comfy and the material is heavy enough that I can see myself using it through the fall.  Put on a scarf, some boots, a jacket and you're set!  
 
This is Liz Lange from Target.  I'm pretty sure this is the same dress but this one is similar and on clearance for 12 bucks and change. 




 I have no idea where to look when I'm taking a selfie.  I wore this outfit this morning.  The jeans are the same ones I talked about in this post.  When I was pregnant with Silas I didn't like the full panel on my pants, I had a pair of jeans that was elastic in the back and had the tiniest fly I've ever seen in the front.  I think the zipper had 10 teeth.  And it never stayed up.  But I couldn't find the same pair this time and every pair I get that are low rise aren't flattering or are uncomfortable.  These are working great for me.  The top my older sister bought for me from the Goodwill for $4 last pregnancy and I found the skinny belt at JC Penney for a couple bucks.  It was a 2 pack, one black belt, one brown.  There are deals out there for maternity clothes! 

I feel like this post has gone on and on so I'm going to end it here.  I have a little announcement coming by the end of the week, so watch out for that! 

6 comments:

  1. You have the "GLOW"! Staying tuned for the announcement ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love announcements! I love that dress, really shows off the bump. Silas looks adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dress. It's my new favorite. Thank you too!

      Delete
  3. Good Wednesday morning !
    Your belly is getting very big. You look mar ve lous Darlin' . I love that color on you still. Christmas on the q a little bit today. I love the way you dress for pregnancy .

    ReplyDelete