Thursday, September 11, 2014

What We Did Today and What We Wore

Today was a great day.  I got to see a few friends I haven't seen in a long time.  It's so fun to get together and see how much all the kids are growing.  It's also refreshing to hang out with other moms who are going through the same thing you are.  My lovely friend Heather brought refrigerator pickles.  I ate most of them.  They were delicious.  I'm going to ask her for the recipe and if it's not an old family secret, I'll share it here.  Oh and the weather feels like fall!  I got to put on jeans, a tee shirt, a jacket and boots.  It was awesome.  My ears got cold on my walks.  I love fall.  

I'm going to try to do a few posts on pregnancy style.  Not that I have the greatest sense of style, but I feel a lot better if I'm dressed and have a little make up on.  I've always been a jeans and tee shirt kind of girl, and when I was working I wore slacks, blouses and sweaters.  Business casual like.  I had a hard time for a few months after Silas was born (that's a whole different post) and I was at a mom's group when one of the girls took some pictures.  Seeing myself practically in pajamas, no make up, with dirty hair made me feel pretty awful, and I didn't need any help in the feeling awful department.  I figured the outside didn't have to match the inside and if I looked a little better I might feel a little better.  It works for me.  I'm not into spending a ton of money on maternity clothes, so I've been trying to use what I've got and buy things at Goodwill or garage sales.  Luckily my family gave me some nice things last time around and I still have those pieces.  So combine all that and we're doing pretty good!  Unless it's hot.  All bets are off if it's hot.  Dressing nicer doesn't have to cost a fortune!  So here's today's outfit!


 Bathroom selfies.  Note to self: remove toilet paper from shot next time.  Note to reader: the toilet paper roll is on the sink because someone likes to unroll it all over the house. 
  My lovely friends took some good pictures of me.  Boots: hand me downs. Jeans: Target Liz Lang Here Tee Shirt: non maternity, American Apparel.  Jacket: another hand me down, Nine West, doesn't zip.  Lipstick: Tarte Blushing Bride.  

Does dressing up or putting on makeup make you feel a little better?   How do you feel about spending money on maternity clothes and why do they cost so much?  I think it's a conspiracy, but that's what I think about everything. 


12 comments:

  1. You looked lovely today. And I wore als clothes the second half of my pregnancy and for a good six months afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like Aaron's shirts too but he gets mad when I let my belly stretch out his shirts. Hehe.

      Delete
  2. I honestly don't feel like myself when I wear more make up than my usual mascara lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I would take mascara with me to a deserted island.

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! Silas looked adorable and he's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Haley is adorable as always and it was so nice to see Derek!! He looks so good and he has the most beautiful eyes!!

      Delete
  4. You looked beautiful today! I loved your hair and those boots! The best looking date I've had in a LONG time ( don't tell shane ) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I do not wear make up I do not feel put together. I have to wear mascara, blush, eye shadow , and powder. All lightly. That's a great outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look awesome in that outfit and it's even MORE awesome that you didn't spend a lot of money on it! I agree that maternity clothes are too expensive; hand me downs and Goodwill are totally the way to go. Dressing up make me feel better too. Your post reminds me of a funny blog post I read yesterday: "3 Less-than-1-minute tricks to look less tired": http://shejustglows.com/2014/09/3-simple-ways-to-look-less-tired/
    LOL we moms got to stick together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret! That is a great article! For me, every little bit helps! I like mascara and bright lipstick/gloss!

      Delete