Thursday, September 18, 2014

Today's Events

We had another eventful day.  I wanted to take Silas to do something but I didn't know what.  My friend had told me about this website called Go West Young Mom, http://gowestyoungmom.com/ and it's been such a great resource for me.  Every time I look at it I find something new.  There's a calendar section that is so easy to glance at and decide what you want to do that day.  I love that she lists such a variety of things like free farmer's markets to open gyms and bowling.  The first time I checked it out I discovered the Kline Creek Farm forest preserve.  I don't mind spending a little money to get in somewhere, or a little to eat once we're there, but I'd prefer to save my cash.  So I LOVE this site.  She makes it so easy! 

This morning after our nap I popped on to see what might look fun and I see she has listed the Elgin Farmer's Market.  I'm ashamed I've never been.  I love walking through a farmer's market.  I packed some cheese and an apple and thought maybe we could grab something at the market and have a picnic.  The market is just the right size and they have a lot of variety.  We grabbed a blueberry muffin for a dollar.  The market also happens to be across from the library.  We love the library and we don't go near as often as we should.  The last time we went Silas was only crawling.  So we scrapped the picnic and went into the library.  They have an awesome kids section with all kinds of toys and a wooden jungle gym.  Silas had so much fun.  He climbed up and down the stairs of that thing so many times.  Poor guy did fall off once and hit his face but he bounced back after a little drink of milk.  We played there for about 40 minutes and decided it was time to go home to have some lunch.  Thankfully Silas didn't throw a fit.  I had the great idea to distract him by holding him up to the fish tank while I slipped him into the sling.  Another drink of milk and we were out the door. 






 Does your community have a website like this?  Does your community have an awesome library?  What kind of free things do you like to do with your kids? 

6 comments:

  1. My area has a map of all the parks in the porter county. It was fun to go. Some had playground equipment or a pond or picnic tables etc. Su gar bum looks like he had a great time. My library is not very attractive. The outside got a face lift but the inside is very old looking. One neat thing here is the bookstore has every Saturday kids day. They take a famous book and have lots and lots of activities for the young and old alike. I want to go to your library tomorrow?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so awesome! I can't wait to take the kids when we move to the new place. I've never heard of that website, I use Hula a lot (hoping that's the name of it LOL) it's similar to the one you linked I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check out Hula! Haley would love the library!

      Delete